26.1.11

beanz anyone?

my old boss asked me to make a cake for her son's birthday, and she wanted it to be a replica of his fave mighty beanz #33 scuba beanz. she sent me some photo's of it and i tried my best to put all the details on. due to time i wasn't able to get everything on there. i had problems with the "water" in the mask and the shading. i tried it out on a smaller scale and it looked right, but when it was done on the actual bean, it didn't look the same.
the bubbles and the octopus are my fave part of the cake.

she asked me weeks ago to make this cake for him, but didn't tell him. two days before his party, her son said "we should have asked kelly to make my birthday cake." she told him he needed to ask sooner than two days before his party to give me time to make it. he loved it. he and his friends checked out all the details before they would let her cut the cake. little kids are so cute sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment