18.11.11

so many cakes to post!

it's been a long time since I last posted! I have quiet a few cakes to share. The first cake is a Lightening McQueen cake again. This one was a bit bigger, and I was able to do the window's better than the first time.  Also I made a few cake pops to make a checkered flag from the scraps from carving LM.


The next cake was for my good friend who's dragon boat team (brainwaves) was having their year end party and she wanted to bring a cake to celebrate the year.


My second wedding cake was really fun to do since it wasn't your traditional wedding cake. the bf's best friend asked me to make her wedding cake and I hoped she would want a mario themed cake and she did! I added cotton candy clouds to the cake just before dinner but forgot to take a photo. I believe the photographer took some so I am hoping I can get a finished cake picture. the cotton candy seemed like such a great idea, until it deflated and liquefied. lesson learned!


the next cake was for the bf's boss for his wedding. his wife to be wanted to have three smaller cakes in glass stands (6" in diameter) with one just on a cake plate (9"). I loved the small cake idea and the glass standing until I had to put the buttercream covered cakes into the stand. I took out a lot of the icing trying to drop it in and had to fix a lot of it up, but it turned out really cute. I also made cake pop's as the table favours.


a friend of mine asked for a cake to celebrate both the birth of a baby boy and the birthday of the new mother. the booties are made from gum paste and turned out adorable. I like the simplicity of this cake.


dragon boat christnas! the coach of my good friend was going to a christmas party for a dragon boat team that he is on (quick silver) and asked if I could make a cake for their party just like the one from their end of year party. I changed how I made the boat and I was happier with the look of it. I added a santa hat to the dragon, wrote merry christmas on the other side and painted a poinsettia on the drum to make it more festive! I had some problems with the neck, the gum paste didn't harden quick enough. I should have made it earlier than I did to give it enough time to dry.


I made a cake for the bf's dad's birthday. it's taz from looney toons with a sombrero and a can of Budweiser beer, sitting in the sand on the beach, all things that his dad likes. the instructions on how to make taz were in spanish so it wasn't until i made the head that I realized that they used modeling chocolate and not modeling paste like I was using. he didn't turn out so well but his dad liked it anyways.


the last cake that I have to share is an easy bake oven cake! I was going to just do the easy bake oven (this years model without the light bulb!) but I decided it would be better to do it a little smaller and put it on a "table" covered in a princess crown covered table cloth. I was super happy with how the easy bake oven turned out, def one of my favourite cakes I've done do far.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment